St. Luke is a place to serve
St. Luke is deeply invested in meeting needs in our local community, the greater Portland area and worldwide.
We spend countless volunteer hours and a significant portion of our offerings on those in need beyond our doors. We support agencies and programs that meet the criteria of our Social Concerns guidelines.
- We support shelters for abused & homeless.
- We feed the hungry throughout the city and state supporting food banks and through our own Community Table.
- We support congregations and agencies and their ministries to serve those in the inner city, migrant farm workers, Native Americans and those with mental and physical challenges.
- We support and participate in programs and agencies that assist the oppressed and maligned, and educate the congregation about these issues.
- We create and ship quilts locally and internationally.
- We welcome and support refugee families.
Social Concerns Mission Statement
In celebration of God’s redemptive love and as a practical expression of the Biblical call to witness through faithful stewardship and commit¬ted service, the Social Concerns Committee will identify and respond to community needs; evaluate significant issues; stimulate personal involvement in educational, advocacy, and volunteer opportunities; provide leadership as a catalyst for change; and distribute benevolence dollars entrusted to its care in accordance with established guidelines.
Guidelines for Giving
The Social Concerns Committee is charged with allocating local benevolence dollars and facilitating meaningful volunteer opportunities for congregation members. Below is a statement of our guidelines for giving.
Social Concerns Staff
Service and Youth Coordinator
Phone extension: 113
Email Judy >>