Volunteers are folks just like you!
St. Luke volunteers work together to serve God, the community and St. Luke Church, sharing the love of Jesus Christ in any number of ways.
Would you like to help? Would you like to give back? St. Luke Church has multiple opportunities to lend a hand, for 15 minutes, an hour or two, or a day – on a temporary, part-time or regular or basis.
Listed below are some areas where help is always needed and welcome. If you don’t find something of interest here but would like to get involved with dozens of other groups and ministries, please don’t hesitate to contact us today!
A Few Volunteer Opportunities
- Hospitality Team: Set up or clean up Sunday morning coffee service.
- Greeter: Greeting and welcoming those known and unknown that visit St. Luke Church before worship services.
- Communion Preparers: Prepare communion before worship and clean up or prep for next worship service. As little as 15 minutes is all that’s needed.
- Communion Servers: Serve communion (intinction or traditional) during worship services throughout the year.
- Flower Arrangers: Following final service on Sunday morning to take apart the altar flowers and make 2-3 bouquets in vases provided. These bouquets will be delivered by our pastors and lay ministers during the week.
- Audio/Visual: Helping with computer presentations, audio mixing and recording church services and/or other events.
- Readers: Reading assigned scriptures and other materials during worship services.
- Offering Counters: Supervising or assist in counting the worship service offerings.
- Ushers: Assist and organize during the worship service with bulletins, seating, releasing aisles, collecting offerings and preparing the sanctuary for the next service.
- Worship Teams: Members of St. Luke Church who would like to help or have input in upcoming worship events by organizing or helping with music planning, etc.
- Community Food Box distribution.
- Grauer Back To School Project team.
- Northeast Emergency Food Program (3rd weekend each month).
- Loaves and Fishes (2nd Thursday each month).
- Community Recycling.
No Experience Necessary!
If you’re interested in these or any of the many other volunteer opportunities at St. Luke, there are always members willing to take all of the time needed to show you how it’s done…young, old and everyone in between are invited.
Please fill out our short form of interest and someone will contact you soon.